Welcome to the Northern Mass League (EX- H-Puck)
Spring / Summer 2020 Morning Session Registration!
This registration session will allow you to complete contact information, sign up, and complete payment options for participation. Thank You and welcome to our family we look forward to seeing you on the ice!
The PPHL would like to welcome H-Puck into our hockey family!
Before the season kicks off, we would just like to share some information regarding the season.
Registration / Payments. Team Captain is responsible to complete the captain registration before team begins to register. Players cannot register until Team Captain completes the registration and states how many players will be “Full Roster Players”. Starting this Fall, the team home page on SportsEngine will now show “Full Rostered” players and what each player payment status currently is. During Week #1, players (roster, subs) are required to be completely registered on PPHL SportsEngine site before stepping on the ice. Any players who get on the ice without being registered as full or sub player, will automatically forfeit the game for team representing due to liabilities.
The PPHL understand players pull out of seasons due to different circumstances. However, the team is responsible for finding a new player who will cover the cost of the player who can no longer play. If the team cannot find a player on their own, please contact the PPHL Division Head who can assist via the Free agent list. If no Free Agent has signed up through PPHL’s Free Agent list, it is still the Team Captain’s responsibility to find a player to cover the costs.
Department of Player Safety (DOPS). The PPHL is pleased to announce the new player safety department, which will now be called “Department of Player Safety” or “DOPS”. Power Play has issued three members of the company to form the Department of Player Safety and make decisions on future altercations. Team Captains and players involved will now receive an email regarding the PPHL decision per matter. Teams may challenge the decision and will receive a final decision within 24-48 hours.
Power Play has also added a new addition to the Player Safety in all leagues by issuing a 30-minute accrued suspension. Players per season will have all their penalties added up per division played in. Once a player reaches a total of 30-minutes’ worth of penalties, that player will now receive an automatic 1-Game Suspension in addition to other suspensions per actions committed. After player reaches the 30-minute mark, the player will reset to 0 minutes. If a player in same season reaches the 30-minute mark for a second time, the player will then be dismissed from the division for the remainder of the season with no refunds.
Lastly, the Power Play Hockey League will now record each players’ altercations per season and total history in the PPHL. Future decision making of suspensions will be determined by per altercation and players’ history in the PPHL.
Points of Emphasis. The PPHL would like to share FIVE (5) points of emphasis to the teams playing in the upcoming season. It is the Team Captains responsibility to educate their teams on the points of emphasis and no excuses will be made once the season begins.
1. Warm-Up Pucks – Each team is now required to bring personal pucks for warm-ups. The PPHL will no longer supply warm-up pucks with the arrival of PPHL Game Pucks. The PPHL Game Pucks will not be used for warm-ups and Scorekeepers / Officials have been instructed to not hand out the game pucks for warm-ups.
2. Team Uniforms – Team Captain is responsible for having the complete rostered team in matching uniforms with numbers assigned to each rostered and sub player. If team does not have matching uniforms with numbers on the back of jersey after Week #2, the team will be issued PPHL jerseys to wear for remainder of the season and able to keep after season. When a team has been issued jerseys, the PPHL will charge the Team Captain $300.00 (USD) for 15 Jerseys that are provided by the PPHL.
3. Alcohol/Tobacco on Bench/Ice Surface – When your team is playing, there is to be no alcohol or tobacco on the ice or benches. If either Alcohol or Tobacco is found on team bench the following will happen.
a. 1st Altercation = Delay of Game penalty | Beer / Tobacco thrown/removed from bench
b. 2nd Altercation = Delay of Game + Game Misconduct
c. 3rd Altercation = Automatic Forfeit of Game
If a team continues to violate the Alcohol / Tobacco substance policy, the PPHL will review and discuss about further actions with possible removal of team.
4. Fighting / Abuse of Officials – The PPHL firmly stands against players’ abusing officials. Understandable that hockey is an emotional game, however, we need to have a filter and understand where the line must be drawn when verbally or physically attacking the Officials. The PPHL will not tolerate it and the Department of Player Safety has been told to sentence harsh penalties to players who commit it. Communication is key with Officials and they have been instructed by the Director of Officiating to give players the courtesy and give explanations when needed.
Fighting has become a major problem is recent seasons and the PPHL is tightening on the punishment for fighting. Adult Hockey has no room for fighting and the PPHL will not allow players to play in their leagues that will go that far in an altercation. Fighting is a punch, or an attempted punch, thrown by any player in any direction of an opponent, regardless as to whether contact is made. The following has been set forth by the DOPS.
a. 1st Fight = 1 Game Suspension
b. 2nd Fight = Suspended for Remainder of Season
c. 3rd Fight within 1 Calendar Year = Suspension from PPHL for 365 Days
5. Equipment / Helmets – Players are required to wear all necessary equipment (excluding shoulder pads at your own risk) to compete in a PPHL contest. Players that are missing required equipment will be told to get off the ice and may not return until all proper equipment is worn.
Helmets are recommended to be HECC certified with proper straps to prevent helmet from falling off. Visor, cage, or no frontal protection is accepted, however the PPHL recommends either full cage or visor. If a player is wearing a cage, the player MUST strap BOTH sides of the cage to the helmet. If both straps are not connected to helmet, this is not accepted, and the player will be removed from the ice. Players without cages, must have the strap that came with the helmet under the chin and tightened so the helmet cannot come off. Players who refuse to tighten helmets will receive penalties and be removed from the game.
The PPHL is asking for full cooperation in all FIVE point of emphasis’ and thank you for your understanding. If any questions regarding any of the five points, please reach out to Shawn Connors.
Good Luck. The Power Play Hockey League would like to thank all the Team Captains and players for playing in this upcoming Season and wish you all the very best of luck. Please make sure all team players are emailed this memo, so everyone is well aware of the changes! We look forward to seeing you in the rinks and on the ice!
READ FIRST! Please note that if you do not yet have a SportsNgin account you will be asked to create one. Once you create your SportsNgin account, please click on the activation email and return to this page to complete the registration. YOUR REGISTRATION IS NOT DONE until after you come back and finish the registration page. The sportngin account is for your logon for future events and it also stores your information. Follow Steps Below to complete registration:
1. Login to SportsNgin or create an account.
2. If you had to create an account go to your email and verify account
3. Come back to page and login then and continue registration through the end
4. Hit the Submit button at the end of registration.
The sportngin account is NOT registration. Please be sure to go on to registration after setting up this account.
Select an option to continue with the registration.